1. I've gotten shingles twice.
2. High stress, lowers your body's resistance/ immune system so I get sick more often (and can't afford to take the time to completely heal).
3. Scars from bites and fingernails (infected).
4. Sore muscles from the physical strain of physical restraints and holding my body stiffly due to tension.
5. Weight- RAD parents typically gain 20lbs a year - we eat to replace the love we don't get from the kids. 70+lbs. *sigh*
6. Mental health - I have mild bipolar, but only need medication when I'm under high stress... guess when I had to go on meds.
7. To try to get everything done, and probably partly as a symptom of my bipolar, I rarely sleep anymore. I stay up till the wee hours of the morning, reading blogs and other support groups, or just playing solitaire type games to destress.
8. I never go to the doctor anymore. Partly because I don't have time, but also because we don't have health insurance, because I can't get a job, because I'm home all day supervising two special needs kids.
9. And so on...
I would have included Mary's comment in my previous post, but for the fact that I'd already gone to bed when it came it. She's absolutely spot-on with this list, and I can't really elaborate any further on what she has to say.
I absolutely understand the debilitating affects that stress and lack of sleep have on a body, and how absolutely tired my wife and I feel nearly all the time.
Thank you for sharing your list, Mary. You are absolutely right.