Tuesday, July 19, 2011

When Adoption Isn't Fun

Yesterday afternoon, I found the following over at Urban Servant.

Many adoptive moms carry a terrible secret around in their hearts.
It's the overwhelming weight that they can't even whisper to their husbands late at night.
It's the guilty relief they feel whenever their kids leave for school and the excruciating despair they face when three o'clock rolls around again...

At it's barest essence it boils down to the the heart breaking reality that they don't love or even like their newly (or not so newly) adopted kids.

There's more. Go read.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the link. It was a good read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have mild panic attacks when I know I am going to left alone with the children for even the smallest amount of time.

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments from my readers. Please be aware that comment moderation is on and there may be a delay between the time you post your remarks and the time they appear on the blog.

If you would like your comment read and/or published, sign your name to it and play nice.