Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Psychiatrist Visit

After what has seemed like forever, we finally got Danielle in to see the psychiatrist.

We were there for a couple of hours.  We met with the doctor privately, and then Danielle met with her. At the end of all of this, we have a new diagnosis, as well as confirmation of other ones that have been bandied about.

The psychiatrist also agreed that a change in medication was warranted.  She suggested that we change anti-depressants, and add a mood stabilizer to Danielle's regimen.

I am both frustrated and relieved.  We have felt that Danielle would benefit from a mood stabilizer for a very long time.

I'm glad she finally got it, but I am also tremendously frustrated that it has taken this long.

Although I don't believe that this medication will cure all that ails Danielle, I am hopeful that it may be enough to take the edge off.

At least we can hope.

1 comment:

  1. I know that you don't have unrealistic expectations, but I really hope there is some improvement seen.

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments from my readers. Please be aware that comment moderation is on and there may be a delay between the time you post your remarks and the time they appear on the blog.

If you would like your comment read and/or published, sign your name to it and play nice.