Friday, August 19, 2011

More Frustrations

Yesterday afternoon, I finally heard back from the director of Danielle's special program.  I shared my concerns, with regards her recent cutting and threats of violence.  He agreed that FosterEema and I had every right to be worried, and made some specific promises regarding additional psychological services and supervision.

It's a starting place, I guess.

We recently received the results of Danielle's state-mandated academic testing.  Once again, she scored at far below basic proficiency.

I am feeling incredibly frustrated at the moment.  I'm asking myself, "What's the point of having Danielle in a special program for emotionally and behaviorally challenged students if her behavior and her academic skills are not improving?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get comments from my readers. Please be aware that comment moderation is on and there may be a delay between the time you post your remarks and the time they appear on the blog.

If you would like your comment read and/or published, sign your name to it and play nice.